01 December 2011

Day 746 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

Things are back to normal this evening. Last evening I was rushing to get the blog posted before all of my computers and the network ran out of battery power. I succeeded, but the power didn't come back on line until 8:30 this morning – 8 ½ hours without electricity. We had quite a blow here locally. When we got up this morning the spark arrester from our chimney was resting on the sidewalk. Obviously it blew off during the night. I would hate to have had that 20 pound object the size of a small trash can land on my head! The rest of the damage was manageable – large potted plants tipped over, debris all over the yard, the streets and throughout the city. My roofer will be over tomorrow to see if we broke any roof tiles during the flight of the spark arrester. Hurricane-force winds are not what we are accustomed to here in LA!

Grayson was again well tended by Anishka. She took him on walks and kept him interested and occupied all day. What a blessing!

The winds are calm tonight – a peaceful night is in store!

Pax!

Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment