22 January 2011

Day 433 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

It's Saturday!! We slept in a bit, Regina baked apple muffins for breakfast (yum!) then we drove down to my undergrad alma mater – LMU – to watch Austin's USC Rugby team take on the Lions. Xixi commented that our three red shirts stood out in the sea of maroon! ("Sea" might have been a bit overstated as there were probably 75 people there.) I pondered out loud on who I should root for since I graduated from both schools, but I was wearing USC colors. Besides LMU didn't need my encouragement – they won 38-21. Fortunately, Austin escaped injury this week!

We returned home and grabbed dinner before heading out to an Eagle Court of Honor. It was quite an affair with four Eagle Scouts from Verdugo Hills Council Troop 139 being honored tonight. We were particularly struck when all of the Eagle Scouts in the audience were invited on stage to recite the Eagle Scout Oath. Grayson went up with his fellow Eagle Scouts and participated. Quite an emotional moment for us, and his presence was not lost on many in the audience.

I'd say today was a pretty good day!

Pax!

Brant

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina--It is so good to see Grayson with all of those other Eagles! May they all "fly" to great things, and may the Lord bless them all abundantly.

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete