20 March 2012

Day 856 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

Grayson for the first time in days appears to be finally beating his cold! This evening Grayson and I ran some errands then made a grocery run for dinner. Grayson's abilities with a shopping cart remind me of his abilities on the ski slope – he may not always know where he is going, but he has a remarkable ability to avoid collision! In the store he chugs along behind me avoiding objects and people along the way. As long as he can see me he is good and will follow. However if I turn a corner and he can no longer see me – he just stops. This is good for Grayson – he is in the community, he is required to do something (push the cart and follow), the task requires constant adjustment for environmental variables (people, objects and other random cart movement) and the rewards at the end are priceless (dinner!)

Pax!

Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment