23 November 2012

Day 1104 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends
I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving – we certainly did!
Here is a picture of our table prior to the feast, and another of Regina, Lauren and I welcoming our special 25-pound guest to the dinner table!
We had a glorious day! Rita, Richard and all of the kids and several special friends were here. All in all there were 10 for dinner. We even had the first fire in the fireplace for the season!
On a dietary note, I realized today that we consumed 2¼ pounds of butter and ¾ gallon of heavy whipping cream. I do believe that I have had my ration of butterfat for the foreseeable future! Unfortunately what is consumed in Glendale, stays in Glendale…
These are special holidays. We have lost loved ones this year, and Thanksgiving reminds me that family celebrations are so precious. The memories that I hold from Thanksgivings of my childhood remain with me today (thanks Floriene!) I can only hope that these celebrations are as important to my children as they are to me.
We at the Reed Haus have much to be thankful for, but most of all it is the friends and family that hold us close and keep us warm in their love every day on our journey through life. Know that we love and cherish all of you!
Pax!
Brant

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed a Thanksgiving with you at Floriene's in 1967. Do you remember that day? ..... I'm glad you had such a wonderful celebration this year. If only all the butter consumed could stay in Glendale and not travel to Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I hope you know you are all loved and so appreciated. Glad you had a blessed holiday. On a food note, I too made the turkey stock as well as using some of it for a great soup. Blessings to all. Steve and Mary

    ReplyDelete