29 November 2012

Day 1110 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends,

This week has had its challenges with Brant out of town, the return of Grayson's nosebleeds, and still breaking in the new caregiver.

After work this evening Grayson and I went out to grab a quick dinner at Chipotle and pick up a couple of things at the grocery store. As usual I talked to him the whole way and tried to get him to remember where we were going. He was able to tell me that Chipotle served Mexican food but when I asked him to name something they served he answered "pasta".

We parked right outside the door to the restaurant. As I was helping Grayson out of the car I asked him where we were going. I expected him to look around for a clue to the answer. He looked directly at me and with a big smile said, "To a happy place". I laughed so hard – I've never heard him use that expression before.

Not the answer I was expecting but certainly the laugh I needed. I am grateful for the little things.

Peace,

Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment