17 September 2011

Day 671 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

As Regina mentioned yesterday, DFW had "issues" last night and I was forced to spend a (very short) night in a hotel near the airport. I got a flight out this morning and Regina and Grayson were there to meet me at the airport when I arrived early this afternoon.

Grayson and I spent the afternoon together unpacking my stuff, doing a few chores around the house and getting some groceries. We were all done and in our places for the kick-off of the USC game – today they handled Syracuse quite nicely.

Grayson was generally alert and, as is the new normal, pretty non-verbal. Today however he did something that both Regina and I found unusual. Regina was telling me something and walked out of the room still talking. She said a word that I couldn't understand. I asked Grayson what she said, and he spoke the word – very clearly. He heard and understood and was able to repeat it back.

Amid all of the chaos of life some things shine through!

Pax!

Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment