02 October 2010

Day 321 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

Saturday – almost always a good day!

We got up a bit slowly this morning. After breakfast and the morning routine, Grayson and I went to the La Canada Farmers Market to acquire fresh goodies for the weekend – guacamole fixings for the game, fruits, vegetables and salad fixings for the week, and a quiche for lunch.

Grayson had visitors this afternoon – Erica and Siobhan, schoolmates from Flintridge Prep. I am so proud of how these "kids" have turned into such responsible and caring adults!

After Erica and Siobhan departed, Grayson and I went for a walk. As we were walking up the canyon, a car pulled over and Pastor Jon from Redeemer Lutheran in Bakersfield hopped out! He was heading home from the UCLA game and spotted us – talk about a small world! Redeemer Lutheran is the church that welcomed us so warmly during our stay in Bakersfield. An even less likely coincidence, Pastor Jon is the brother of our own Pastor Kurt at Salem Lutheran! It was great to see Pastor Jon again and we had a nice, albeit short, chat as he was heading back to Bakersfield.

The rest of the evening was spent watching an exciting football game. Unfortunately for me and my family, Washington wound up on top at the final second. I guess I'm going to have to wear a purple shirt again for my Seattle friends!

Pax!

Brant

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brant...how about wearing The Green for your Oregon friends [and roots!]

    In Him,

    Doug

    Go DUCKS!

    ReplyDelete