11 October 2010

Day 330 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

Grayson was different today. He awoke a bit easier, was more alert all day, and explored his world a bit more than usual. I've learned not to get my hopes up as tomorrow he may be back to "normal", but nonetheless it was fun to see today.

Here is a "baseline normal" for Grayson. If you push Grayson to work hard mentally, he tires very easily – perhaps 2 to 3 minutes. The first sign of tiring is Grayson scratching his head. If the stimulus continues (he is encouraged to do more) then he starts to put his head on the table or anything that will support it. If you are not tuned in and continue to try, Grayson will stand up and leave the room.

Grayson had the patience to do a 50 piece jigsaw puzzle today, with only minor encouragement from Regina. He also played Wii way more than usual, though getting him to finish a game of anything is difficult. All in all, today was a great day!

Pax!

Brant

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps a string of these good days is ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brant and Regina--I love this post. Reminds me when I had to start doing sudoku puzzles in therapy....they were so tough when I started them and they would take me hours to do, but I had to finish them. Now I do two or three "grazy difficut" ones [according to Mr. Shortz]a day and love them. Being home is so nice compared to a therapy environment...I pray this new "baseline" will continue to mature into better and better ones!

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete