17 October 2012

Day 1067 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends
Today was a memorable day for me, although I had little time to reflect upon it. 35 years ago today I reported for work at Hughes Aircraft Company. In 2000 the space business of Hughes was bought by The Boeing Company, so today I was recognized as a 35 year Boeing employee. I would never have thought 35 years ago that I would still be working for the same company – but I am and I’m still having a ball! We have seen amazing advancements in my industry and I am proud to continue to work in the industry of my father – and my son Austin!
This afternoon I took Grayson to the dentist for visit 2 of 3 in a treatment plan. We are being overly conservative in his dental care so that we might avoid major dental procedures. Dental hygiene with Grayson is difficult, but Regina and I are pretty good at getting his teeth brushed. My observation of caregivers is that they want him to brush his own teeth. When he came home from Bakersfield, his teeth were yellowed and we were concerned about his dental health. We have made a difference in the past few years. Now our very patient family dentist is making sure to get even the smallest amount of decay out and seal all of his teeth.
I was amazed again today at how cooperative Grayson was in the dental chair. Constant encouragement from the dentist is a major contributing factor, but nonetheless I am still amazed. In fact, our dentist cleans Grayson’s teeth himself – quite a departure for the rest of us that are cleaned by the hygienists. I am so pleased with the care that they give Grayson.
Thank God for giving us a dentist that is patient and has such a kind touch, as well as a warm spot in his heart for Grayson!
Pax!
Brant

1 comment: