20 October 2012

Day 1070 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends
Grayson was a trooper again today as we spent the day shopping for the things needed for the update to our master bedroom and bath. I don’t think that there is a home improvement store in the area that he hasn’t walked through with us!
We arrived home in time to watch the game but, alas, I neglected to check the broadcast network. This game was on the Pac-12 Network. Thus far only Acme Cable, and Fred’s Satellite and Hair Care Center are carrying the Pac-12 Network so we had to settle for radio. It turns out that the game was won in the first minute or so, so it wasn’t much of a cliffhanger. Final score – USC 50, Colorado 6.
During halftime, Grayson and I took our 1 mile walk up to the golf course and back. During our walk, a cyclist stopped and said, “Hi – remember me?” It was one of Austin’s classmates from Flintridge Prep during his middle school years. For those two years I used to give him a ride to school along with Grayson and Austin. This was the first time he had seen Grayson since Grayson was in high school. We spoke for several minutes catching up and sharing stories of friends that we have in common. He is a great “kid” (probably 25 now!) and it was great to see him again.
During our walk, Grayson moved as fast as I ever remembered. How fun was that! This is great exercise for ski season and Mammoth opens in just a few weeks!
Pax!
Brant

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up! Sorry about cousin Bob. In my duties around the state, I would run into folks from Bob's area and ask about him. Bob was well known, respected and beloved. Also, referred to as "Strawberry Bob". Brant reminisced about his work on the farm. In the 1930s, as minors, my friends and I picked strawbwerries, peas, beans, hops and hoed onions. When we were 15, with a work permit, we worked in the cannery. Our children had the same experiences. Sadly legally, this valuable character building oportunity is gone. Cousin Stuart

    ReplyDelete