27 November 2010

Day 377 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

Today was another family day!

The first order of business after breakfast was to strain all of the solids out of the stock that had been cooking down for 18 hours. That accomplished, Grayson and I did some precision-strike Christmas shopping, then hit the grocery store for the veggies and noodles required to turn the stock into soup. We also picked out a surprise for Regina – a beautiful poinsettia plant. Advent starts tomorrow!

I turned about ⅔ of the turkey stock into soup and baked fresh bread for dinner. Day three of a house filled with wonderful aromas! I still have about 3 to 4 pounds of turkey left. Tonight I'll freeze some for use later!

At half time of the game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned, Grayson and I went into the exercise room to work out for a bit. He hit the treadmill for about 10 minutes (about all he is capable of handling), while I did some of my exercise routine. We returned at the beginning of the third quarter to our soup and fresh bread.

With the exception of the game, it was a good day!

Pax!

Brant

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina:

    We're back from a long weekend in Albany OR at Kemi's mother's home....what a great time. So much to be thankful for. And then the Ducks won on Friday, and the Beavers didn't show up at Stanford, but they will next week in Corvallis...so we are preparing for a hard go at the Civil War next Saturday in Corvallis. [Your mom and dad would be so into this one I think]. Your soup and bread sounds so yummy...I think I can smell it clear up here!

    In Him,

    Doug

    PS: Go Ducks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete