02 June 2011

Day 564 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

Today was another alert day for Grayson. This is several in a row strung together and that is good news indeed.

Tonight Regina and I went to Salem Lutheran to help some parents get a Cub Scout pack organized again. It was a wonderful group of concerned parents and I am confident that with a little encouragement and support they will do just fine.

At the meeting tonight, I had a little difficulty (emotionally) telling the story about my decision to become a Cub Scout Leader. It is a story about 2nd grade Grayson excitedly bringing home a flyer about a Cub Scout program, and how he wanted to join. Later that week we attended an information meeting together. While listening to the speaker I looked over at Grayson. As I gazed at this beautiful 8 year-old boy, I realized that I had blinked and he had gone from infant to 8. If I blinked again he would be 16 and I would lose those precious opportunities to be together. I raised my hand to volunteer and never regretted it for a moment. For the next 12 years our family participated in Scouting to the fullest. Two Eagle Scouts later I will tell anyone who asks, that this was the 2nd best decision of my life. The best decision in my life was asking Regina to marry me.

Speaking of Regina, June 3rd is a milestone birthday for her. I offer prayers of thanksgiving for all of the lives that she continues to touch just by walking on this planet. I am humbled to be called her husband.

Pax!

Brant

2 comments:

  1. I love this post in too many ways to count, Brant! Blessings to you all and Happy Birthday, Regina! Love, Steve and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious picture of Grayson! Bright eyes full of joy. He still brings joy to this world.

    Regina, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete