05 June 2011

Day 567 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

I'm home!

I know that this is supposed to be a blog about Grayson's journey, but we've had a bit of a detour in the blog, and in our lives, the past three days. There is nothing remarkable about me today, and that is a good thing! The wheels of the hospital machine move slowly, but the discharge was actually accomplished at 3:15 PM. That was the only thing on the agenda for me at the hospital today, but it just about took the entire day to accomplish! (I know that this will not surprise anyone that has ever spent any time around a hospital!) I am now at home and trying to follow my instructions not to "overdo it".

Grayson is still suffering with his cold. His fever is gone, but he is really congested. Tonight he kept getting out of bed and I was unsure how long it would take him to wind down and go to sleep. Fortunately the door alarm stopped going off about 20 minutes ago, so I think that he is down for the night.

We are all home together again. I am so thankful for Regina for holding things together at home while watching out and caring for me at the hospital. This was not the birthday weekend for her that either of us was expecting to enjoy. But we are grateful for the detour that the weekend brought us.

Pax!

Brant

1 comment:

  1. This is from Chris - I am so happy to hear you are out of hospital! and that the stent will make a real difference in your heart getting what it needs to keep on truckin', dear cousin. We love you and want to see you all. Love from Chris, Craig and family

    ReplyDelete