09 June 2011

Day 571 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

Grayson is still fighting his cold, but it is considerably better than last earlier in the week. He was again way more verbal than he has been for quite a while. He had a bit of a relaxed day as Regina and I were consumed with activity most of the day.

As the day draws near, Regina and I are getting nervous about the cardiac catheterization that Grayson is scheduled to have next week. Based on my recent unplanned experience in the cath lab last Saturday, I contacted his cardiologist to start the conversation on strategies to keep Grayson still during and after the procedure. Grayson will just not be able to comply with a request to lie flat on his back and keep his leg straight for four to six hours. I could barely do it and I don't have the cognitive challenges that Grayson has.

We don't face challenges – we have opportunities!

Pax!

Brant

2 comments:

  1. That last sentence is such an encouragement. I hope the doctors have something to help Grayson with such a difficult task as being still on your back for 4 to 6 hours. I don't think most people would find that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen Schellbach10 June, 2011 12:06

    Just a thought: you can try keeping Grayson still for a little bit by singing songs with him to keep him occupied. When I was 8 and broke my arm, the doctors had to pull out several vials of blood before my surgery and my mom and I sang songs to help keep me still during the lengthy blood-drawing. It really helped a lot, maybe it'll work for you at least for a little bit...

    ReplyDelete