05 April 2012

Day 872 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends,

Late this afternoon, after work, I took Grayson on a couple of errands to pick up last minute things for Easter lunch with my brother's family.

As we were pulling the car out of the parking lot at errand number two, I realized my sunglasses were missing. I stopped the car and checked my purse, my briefcase, the floor, and under the seats – twice. I drove back to the parking space where we had been parked. I went back into the store. I checked my pockets, on top of my head, and the neckline of my shirt. No glasses. All this time I am carrying on a narrative to Grayson explaining what I was looking for.

At this point, I am convinced that I lost them in the parking lot of errand number one and resigned myself that they were gone for good. Disappointed, (this is the best pair I have ever owned and only the third pair in 20 years) we drove back to the first stop. I pulled into the parking lot and glanced over at Grayson. He was sitting there grinning at me – wearing my sunglasses!

I needed that laugh today.

With joy (and not only from finding my glasses),

Regina

1 comment:

  1. So inquiring minds want to know. Did he have them on all along or did he hide them from you and trick you? This story was a blessing, Regina. Steve

    ReplyDelete