22 April 2012

Day 889 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

Today Grayson had a full day on the mountain – well almost. We arrived about 15 minutes late for our morning lesson today as we were "resetting" Grayson's clock and because Dad needs periodic training on how long it takes to get Grayson ready to go! We arrived at his lesson at 9:45 – Grayson normally gets up at that time. Tomorrow we need to be there at 8:30 for the opening ceremonies of Springtacular – that means a 6:30 start for Grayson, or 6:45 if I push it. That is why he is in bed before 9:00 PM every night during SpringtacularI!

Grayson had a GREAT day today. He was skiing intermediate runs most of the day, connecting his turns (with coaching) and generally doing the best he has ever done since his injury. The videos I am sharing are edited to eliminate the rest stops, cognitive "freezes" and naps in the snow, but you can see how well he is doing for 5 – 7 minutes at a time on the steeper terrain. I have promised to put together a video of the "rest of the story" with Grayson in his funnier moments on the hill. Let's hope I have some time to do the editing!

Two fun photos to share – the first is the view from our balcony and the second is watching the snow cats move up the mountain like combines through a wheat field (my Eastern Oregonian relatives should appreciate that description!)

I hope you enjoyed the video post from Grayson's skiing on Saturday. I'll post another from today as soon as it finishes compiling – or I wake up – whichever is sooner!

Pax!

Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment