03 September 2012

Day 1023 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends
Today was filled with lots of labor! While the nation took a day off to celebrate the achievements of American workers and organized labor, we spent the day moving out of our bathroom and some of our bedroom. We were “celebrating” a leak from a drain line that runs over our family room. That leak has now done some damage to the ceiling but before we can affect a repair we need to fix the source. So tomorrow the crew will arrive to start tearing into our bathroom. After 36 years, it is time for plenty of other deferred maintenance in this room!
Grayson went with me when I ran my errands during the day. He has been sharp and active all day. In fact when I went to wash his hands at one point today, I told him to address the sink, and he said, “Hi sink!” then looked at me and grinned. The boy still has his sense of humor!
Back to work tomorrow after a long and wonderful weekend!
Pax!
Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment