03 January 2010

Day 48 – Grayson’s Condition

Dear family and friends

Today was another low energy day.

Grayson had physical and occupational therapy today, and did well, but he was tired all day – that after sleeping all night. Perhaps he needs a bit of adjustment in his meds. Things are changing so fast in him now that I always feel that we are playing catch-up. This is a good thing!

Today he did some new things. The first was to play a few hands of "Uno". He got most parts of the game right away, but had some difficulty holding the cards. (His therapist held them for him.) We also did a simple puzzle, and he was doing quite well. Unfortunately he loses interest very quickly in most of these "sitting" activities. He also reached for and picked up cones by color as instructed, and was also following commands to do so using his right or left hand. He continues to walk like a champ, and now wants to get up and go right from the bed whenever he wants, scaring the daylights out of us and the staff. Independence is good, but safety is paramount!

Today Grayson received a visit from a respiratory therapist that cared for him in the ICU when he first was admitted to the hospital. He was thrilled that Grayson was up and walking, and got to witness some of his PT. Grayson has come so far from where he was in the ICU, it is almost not believable. I forgot to mention in my blog posting on New Year's Eve that Regina had visited the ICU where Grayson spent his first 22 days after his incident and much of the team was there to see her. She left them a gift of sweets, and they were thrilled to hear of Grayson's progress. The love that they have for him was evident.

God continues to reveal his plan to us – and not so slowly anymore. As I posted in my Facebook status yesterday, I am "at the hospital watching miracles occur daily!"

Pax!

Brant and Regina

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina:

    Miracles by the minute! I just love it! His grace, and love, and healing is just washing all over you, and it is good.

    I'm so glad that Regina went back to visit the ICU team; that is huge. Kemi and I did that after my recover, and they loved seeing me get around. They told us that very few ever come back and say "thank you"....just amazing, but true. And these teams are the best of the best; they deserve our very most gracious thanks. Way to go.

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was remembering when Jesus healed ten lepers and only one thought to come back and thank him. I'm sure the ICU team enjoyed the thanks as much as they did the sweets. Let me guess.... See's nuts and chews?

    Love,
    Robin G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brant and Regina,
    I read your blog daily now and am so happy to hear how much better Grayson it doing. It is such a blessing that you guys are sharing all of this with all of us. My friend Jenny and I were talking the other day, and we were wondering if there was any chance of coming to visit Grayson anytime soon. We live in the Glendale area (Jenny not more than five miles from your house) and I drive so we were hoping to be able to visit some time soon. Please let us know. You can reach me on my email at prncss92784@yahoo.com or on my cell phone at (818) 441-6864. I am so glad Grayson is doing so much better.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, go Grayson!! Thanks for the updates every step of the way, so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete