10 January 2010

Day 56 – Grayson’s Condition

Dear family and friends

Today was a quiet day.

Grayson did not sleep well last night, and as a result he was low energy all day. He spent a fair amount of time walking with us, but he was tired. He wanted to sleep most of the day, but his body was not cooperating. He started to run a fever again late today, and we hit it with Tylenol to bring it down. I suspect this is what contributed to his general discomfort and inability to sleep. The tracheostomy continues to bug him, and I hope we can get it out this week.

He is continuing to get steadier by the day on his feet. I now feel comfortable to take him on his "laps" around the wing by myself, and he can stand on his own with little outside help, although he still makes all a bit nervous!

I'll leave you tonight with an image of a furry Grayson from yesterday as he gives the USC "V for victory" sign. I'm pretty confident that he has no idea that Pete Carroll is leaving us!

Pax!

Brant and Regina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina:

    Those pesky fevers are a bummer, and they take so much energy to overcome, and the time they take jumping into and out of ones life seems to be a real waste.

    I loved the V for Victory sign...and the Harry Potter book in the background! Wish I could read it to him...the whole series.

    We keep you all in our prayers.

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each day, as I check your blog, I thrill to see the progress Grayson is making. It is so far beyond what anyone could comprehend for an outcome - and he's not done yet! We continue to pray for you and Regina as well, that you will have the strength and energy to add a longer commute to your visits. "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

    Love,
    Robin G.

    ReplyDelete