11 April 2010

Day 147 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

Today we picked Grayson up and went to our church in Bakersfield – Redeemer Lutheran. As always, we were welcomed with open arms, and it was great to see our new friends again. Afterward, we went off to lunch.

Today we chose to have sushi. When we arrived, we were greeted with shouts of welcome and joy – How nice! The server also remembered to only fill up Grayson's glass halfway, though it is much less necessary than it was a few weeks ago. We had a lovely and leisurely lunch before heading on to our next stop. Grayson's hands were noticeably less shaky than they have been. This is another sign of improvement.

When we returned to the residence, we discovered that the miniature golf outing scheduled for the evening had been moved to earlier in the day, so we just had a little time left with him before he went off on an outing. We said our farewells, gave hugs all around, and climbed into separate vehicles.

Today we helped Grayson script and record a message for all of you – the first since January 30th. Here it is! It is a bit difficult to understand, so here is the "translation":

"Hello – this is Grayson Reed. I'd like to say "Hello" to all of my friends and family. I'd also like to say thank you for all of your good wishes. I am getting better, and I hope to be home soon. See you then!"

Pax!

Brant

5 comments:

  1. I'm crying. It's so great to see Grayson talking and smiling. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grayson!! I just want to give him a big hug again. Visiting was so great, but I miss him already. Reading about the shouts of welcome and joy you received at the sushi restaurant got me choked up, and then the video tipped me over.
    Love to you all,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brant

    From the depths of my heart, I wish Grayson, You, Regina and your family all of God's Blessings. I had a chance this morning to read the blog and catch up. What a powerful testament. Grayson is an incredible young man and working hard along with those around him. God is at work. My prayers are with you.

    Your friend,

    Jace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brant and Regina:

    Isn't it a WONDERFUL experience to walk into church and be warmly greeted and loved. And then to get the same treatment at the sushi bar! And then to have Grayson stand before the cameras and wish us all well! What a great day!

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brant and Regina,
    It was so good to see Grayson and hear his voice even if only through video. I stll check you blog everyday and look forward to reading your updates. I can't believe how much better he is doing since the last time I saw him, granted that was when he was stil here in Burbank. Jenny and I are hoping that we might be able to go out to Bakersfield sometime soon, and we will definitely let you know if we do that. It seems like someone is asking everyday how he is doing and I like to tell them what I know. I want to thank you again for sharing this journey with us. Let Grayson know that we still think of him everyday and there are many people here in Glendale asking how he is so delighted to hear how much better hs is doing. Hope to see you guys soon!!!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete