17 February 2011

Day 459 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends,

Grayson was awake and alert when I went into his room this morning. This was a most welcome change since he has been in somewhat of a fog for the last eight days.

By this afternoon he was more animated and responded to my teasing with a big grin and humorous responses. He answered several series of questions and was able to formulate answers of two to three words rather than his usual one. After dinner we danced and exercised to music.

After so many days of seeing Grayson seem to slide backwards, this slight improvement was just what I needed to refocus my own attitude. The uneven and uncertain path of progress can be rough if you look too far into the future.

In God's time – not ours.

Grace and peace to you all, my friends.

Regina

1 comment:

  1. The joy of some encouragement certainly does make the burden seem lighter. I'm so impressed with how you lean on God's grace even during times of seeming 'backward progress.'

    ReplyDelete