21 February 2011

Day 463 – Grayson’s Journey

Since the clinic was closed for the President's Day holiday, Grayson and I spent a delightful day together.

Among the many games, errands, and chores we did together, two things stand out. First, at three separate times today he answered my question with a three word answer. Perhaps he is beginning to realize that when he answers me with a one word answer I usually ask him to restate it using a complete sentence. Perhaps it is merely a function of a more "with it" type day for him. Most probably it is a result of the combination of both.

The second little treasure involved music. I asked him if he would like to play the electric keyboard with me. When he said he would, I played Row, Row, Row Your Boat through two times. Then I played the first five notes twice in a row. I asked him to play the first five notes. He played them perfectly.

Little victories, great big strides. Even bigger smiles.

Grace and peace be with you,

Regina

3 comments:

  1. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily . . . life isn't always a dream, but God is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of the book that Grayson reads every night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Regina: We are back in Fullerton for about 10 days--am just getting back to Grayson's Journey after a little time on the road. What a great post. I remember when 'Life' was indeed a 'dream', about 4 years ago...now the dream is a reality, and I praise Him for it. And I praise Him for the progress that Grayson is showing...lov'n it!

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete