24 February 2011

Day 466 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

Today I flew home after spending the week in Huntsville, Alabama. I drove out to pick Grayson up at the clinic this afternoon and he was glad to see me. He greeted me with a cheery, "Hi Dad" when he saw me waiting for him to finish his therapies. I had him take me to the places where his things are stored so we could bring them home. Then I had him take me to the front door of the facility which he did. After we went out the door, I suggested that we take the stairs instead of the elevator down to the first floor. He said OK and we headed off to the stairwell. Five flights later we were walking to the car. Movement is good!

Grayson is fighting a cold this week, and we are very limited on medications that we can give him due to his condition and the meds he is on. Tonight he had an early dinner then relaxed until an early bedtime. He was pretty non-verbal all evening, but he sure gave out a lot of hugs!

It is great to be home for a few weeks!

Pax!

Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment