02 June 2012

Day 930 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends
Today we gathered in the Community Church in Weston Oregon (population 717) to rehearse our music for the celebration of the 65th wedding anniversary of my Uncle Bob and Aunt Imogene. Today had more memorable moments than I could possibly capture here but here are a few highlights:
·         This is the first time that all 10 cousins (grandchildren of George and Anna) have ever gathered in one place. (Uncle Peyton’s 5 kids, Uncle Bob’s 4 and me, the only child of Ellen.)
·         The choir of 20 for the celebration is made up entirely of family. The conductor is my cousin and look-alike, Wes. And they sound really good! (Wouldn’t Grandma Anna be proud?)
·         We arrived at the church in the middle of the annual town parade. The parade included a camel and a calliope (not bad for a town this size!)
·         The most mature of the 10 cousins celebrated her 50th high school reunion today – Weston High School Class of 1962.
I had a wonderful visit with my Uncle Bob this evening. It was special to spend some time with him again as he was so very close to me as I grew up. We shared some special moments that we have spent together, he shared his deep love and appreciation for his sister, my mother, and he also shared his special fondness for my father. I will cherish our special and quiet time we spent together today. Tomorrow’s celebration will be much livelier, and I hope that he will have the strength to enjoy all of it with the rest of us.
Tomorrow is a big day!
Pax!
Brant

1 comment:

  1. My congratulations to Bob & Imogene. The Compton family was a musical family. My father Henry had a trained tenor voice and sang at many early Salem celebrations. Henry and Anna were very close. I have many memories of visits to the farm.

    ReplyDelete