25 June 2012

Day 953 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends,

Sunday afternoon and evening my family and my brother and sister's families all gathered at my brother's home. We shared food and stories, lots of hugs and plenty of tears.

We made a conscious effort to bring love and happiness into the home that has been such a center of happy gatherings for many years. Julie's joy and love will be missed by each of us and we are determined to carry on her philosophy of joy.

Grayson spent the day watching and listening and laughing as his cousins, aunts, and uncles filled the day with memories. It was absolutely beautiful to see Howie and Julie's home filled with love and life again.

Today was also bittersweet. It was the anniversary of my niece and her husband's wedding. We said farewell to him three years ago. He is still sorely missed and loved. This evening, my father flew in from Hawaii to spend time with Howie and the family. It will be wonderful to have him close for a while.

Oh, treasure the days, my friends. Appreciate your family and share the days in love while you can.

Peace,

Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment