15 June 2012

Day 943 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends,

Grayson did several things today that were out of the ordinary.

This afternoon Grayson and I walked up the driveway. I grabbed the large trash barrel and started wheeling it to the patio area. Grayson was several feet behind me. Without any prompting he grabbed the green waste barrel and also headed down the path to the patio.

This evening after restroom visits, he managed his clothing successfully, completely on his own without prompting.

Several hours after dinner, Grayson walked up to me and pointed to his mouth. I asked what he was trying to say and he replied, "hungry".

As he was getting ready for bed this evening, he took off his socks. Instead of trying to shove them through the small ventilation hole in the lid as he usually does, he actually lifted the lid and put them in.

Not everything today was this independent but it is obvious that are in an up cycle. Of course the up cycles also bring things such as his still being awake over an hour after putting him to bed. He just came out of his door, carrying a pair of shorts and a magazine – in the dark, at midnight. Sigh. I just have to smile.

Brant just sent me a text message that his plane landed. Yay! It will be wonderful to have him home for the weekend after his trip to Philadelphia this week. Of course he leaves again on Monday.  Another sigh.

Peace and good night to you all.

Regina

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll cherish the week-end. God bless you, Regina.

    ReplyDelete