23 June 2012

Day 951 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends
It was Sleep-in Saturday! Of course that meant that I didn’t get up until almost 8:30 - a far cry from my younger days when noon would have been a bit of an imposition!

I got Grayson up around his normal time of 9:30. From that point he was around us all day as we prepared for a family gathering at Howie’s home tomorrow. We ran from store to store gathering items and some lunch along the way! Grayson was, as always, my “cart pusher” following me around the store wherever I go. Today the task was complicated by the load in the cart – many beverages makes a heavy and difficult cart to steer! I like to think that the shopping cart is good therapy requiring awareness of the things around him, anticipation of when to turn and when to stop, and the ability to adapt to constantly changing conditions.
Tomorrow we have church, the annual congregational meeting then off to the family gathering. Somewhere in here I need to find time to pack for my trip to Arizona on Monday!
Pax!
Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment