19 July 2012

Day 977 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends,

Every day I am more pleased with our new caregiver.

Among the very thorough written notes and remarks I received at the end of the afternoon was the following statement: "We went for 2 walks and by the second walk I had to 'power walk' just to keep up with him". The last caregiver was content to stroll with Grayson on his walks.

She gets excited when she can get him to accomplish something – how wonderful is that! She reviewed some Spanish vocabulary and had him put the names of his family in alphabetical order. She loves getting him to laugh.

What a joy to have someone who takes her responsibility so seriously and genuinely cares about Grayson. Thanks be to God.

Tonight our extended family gathered for a goodbye dinner for my father who returns to Hawaii early tomorrow morning. It has been wonderful to have him close for the last couple of weeks. We also remembered my sister-in-law Julie as today was her birthday.

At the end of a stressful, emotional yet joyful day, I bid you peace.

Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment