13 May 2010

Day 179 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

Today Grayson called and wished me a happy birthday! I suspect that my lovely wife reminded him, since Grayson can't remember a lot, but it was great to hear his voice say the words. I know it was genuine, and I also know that he just can't remember. But he was genuine, and that meant a lot to me.

While a little late, the Mother's Day card that Grayson bought for Regina arrived in the mail today. We are there so often on Sundays that I expect the staff assumed we would be there this past Sunday. Here is a scan of the card with Grayson's own signature so you can see for yourself.

Tomorrow is a big day for the Reed family. Austin will receive his bachelor of science in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Southern California. Grayson signed a card for Austin last week to congratulate his little brother who was so inspired as to follow him to USC. Here is a picture from move-in day for Austin in 2006.

Pax!

Brant

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina: I just love cards! They are special parts of history. I keep a file of them, ones from the kids when they were small, ones from Kemi that are so nice, a whole bin of cards from when I was in my calamity...and now this one from Grayson to his Mom telling her how wonderful she is with is new signature. And hooooray for Austin, too! As you say, "Where did this gene poll come from!!????" Of course, from the Lord, and we thank Him for all of us in the pool!

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I got all misty reading the card. The sentiment has so much more meaning these days. Thank you for sharing your family with us. Congrats to Austin. Shalom, Cheryl P

    ReplyDelete