18 August 2010

Day 276 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

Grayson had another challenging day today. Behavior was a problem this evening. Unfortunately his primary residential assistant (RA) had to leave early, so I was unable to get a complete report. I only know that there were several issues that had to be dealt with.

It does appear that Grayson's behavior runs in cycles. We had a challenging cycle in June, a great cycle in July (one of his best) and now a challenging cycle starting the last week or so. Perhaps the challenging cycles are the awakening of new areas of the brain that Grayson has to learn how to deal with – growth causing agitation followed by adaptation and outward improvement? Only God knows for certain, but I like my version!

Pax!

Brant

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina:

    I love Mr. Parker's comment of yesterday. We like to triangulate progress/set-backs on our own terms, and that is per our norm, but with neurological recovery, the new norm becomes "what it is"....what ever that means; in my case, I just had to grow through it [still am] and respond as the new norm shows its self. I am so greatful for the grace of God and for His leading me "by still waters" when my new normal seems to be a storm...and the storm is real, but His presence "calms" my reaction to that storm and my new reality is "still waters". I am praying for "still waters" for Grayson...though the reality is "a storm", may his response be "shalom" through the presence of the Holy Spirit.

    We are in Texas this week...and it is HOT...back in Oregon this weekend.

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Challenge"... that's the most beautiful word in our vocabulary. When we call something a challenge (rather than a problem), we also claim our own ability to meet it. Overcoming it may or may not be possible... but meeting it? That we can do!

    The road rises to meet us, and when we accept it as a challenge, we embrace that road with open arms.

    Blessings,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete