02 December 2010

Day 382 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

This evening while I was at a meeting at church, Regina took Grayson out to dinner. While there, a few remarkable things happened. Midway through dinner Grayson took off his sweatshirt. Now that may not seem remarkable to you, but it was to Regina. He responded to a stimulus (too hot) and took independent action on it (took off his sweatshirt). We have become accustomed to him sitting until being told what to do.

Also while at dinner, Grayson looked perplexed or concerned. Regina asked him if anything was the matter or bothering him. He furrowed his brow. She asked what he was feeling. He took a long time to reply. Slowly he pointed his finger at himself. Regina said, "You?" Grayson then pointed at the sky and said, "Am happy!" (Regina cried.)

How can I add to that!

Pax!

Brant

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina:

    It isn't over until it is over, and God is at work all the way throught this! I am so happy for Grayson--that unity of Grayson's spirit to the Holy Spirit is profound. I must also share that I too found a deeper understanding of His love for me by going through my calamity and experiencing His care and the care of loved ones and professionals...and it carries on to this moment when I too am weeping for joy for Grayson. You are all deep within my prayers today.

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete