11 December 2010

Day 391 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

Today we decorated for Christmas! After last year's holiday season spent in the hospital, it was such fun to put the house on its Holiday best!

Austin came by and joined Lauren, Regina and I to bring the mound of boxes of up to the main floor for unpacking and deployment. After the boxes were up, Austin and I put the lights on the tree – 615 lights to be precise! Mom hung the garland then Austin put the angel on top. We are now ready to hang the ornaments, but that will be a job for another day – likely Monday because Lauren and I are performing in the Christmas Concert at church tomorrow evening. 'Tis the season to be busy!

Grayson followed us around and watched as we put delicate things out. He was also a bit withdrawn today. I suspect that was because of the change to his environment. Change to the familiar is not easy for Grayson any longer. Adjustment takes time – even for the beautiful and familiar decorations that we have always put around the house.

After dinner, Grayson became a bit more comfortable because we watched the Christmas move Scrooge for the second time this season. A delightful film with wonderful music, it is a family favorite.

What a wonderful day! All of the kids home to decorate for Christmas – I don't think that I could ever get a better Christmas present!

Pax!

Brant

1 comment:

  1. I have similar "too much sensory input" experiences. It's as though I can feel my mental gears grinding, when I have to deal with too much visual data at once. I've always been a recluse by choice, but chaos and I really don't get along any more... for all sorts of new reasons.

    Dealing with the world is challenging enough. Adding to that, dealing with "dealing with the world"... is a not-always-welcome challenge.

    But once you can get past the "handling visual chaos" part of the adventure, Christmas cheer is still really nice.

    ReplyDelete