22 December 2010

Day 402 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

Another rainy day in "sunny" Southern California! As I go to bed, I "think" that the storm is over (isn't a week enough?) and we will be clear until Christmas when the next storm is expected. A record-setting winter already!

Today we participated in our monthly patient teleconference with the staff at the Centre for Neuro Skills. As always, it was a good conference with lots of data, questions and conversation. I would characterize the near term goals for Grayson now as improvements to quality of life. "Independence" is not really an expectation any longer.

I apologize that I did not take a picture of Grayson today, but he received compliments all day long on how handsome he was. He really did look sharp today!

We were excited tonight when we asked him if he wanted to watch a movie. Regina asked him if he wanted to watch a Christmas movie or something else. He said, Star Wars. We had to honor the request, so we enjoyed watching The Empire Strikes Back this evening!

Pax!

Brant

1 comment:

  1. "... not really an expectation any longer."

    I'm finding on my own neurological journey that expectations are not burdens that I need to bear. And really, they get in the way of carrying what really needs carrying, which is ... what the world has handed you, today.

    This is what I'm struggling with myself, right now: Trying to meet what today brings me with the tools/methods/understandings that, in the past, were always a guarantee of success... just isn't working, because now is not really at all like then.

    And tomorrow? Let's talk about that when it get here. Which it won't, will it? All we ever get is "today." Even if we do wash the dishes tonight so we won't have to deal with them tomorrow... :-)

    Well, you can't put new wine in old bottles. They warned us about that a couple of thousand years ago.

    Christmas is about, among many other things, new beginnings; blessings revealed in the least likely places.

    We are all living in Bethlehem, aren't we? So, keep your eyes open for the star.

    ReplyDelete