17 December 2010

Day 397 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

There was s cookie decorating contest at the clinic today. Grayson was the champ decorating (instead of eating) the cookies. Self control? A good thing! After the contest (and a few cookies), Grayson worked off those extra calories by walking up and down the stairs carrying 15 pounds in a bucket. The clinic is on the fifth floor, and he went down to the ground floor and back up – twice!

Is next Friday really Christmas Eve? Isn't it wonderful? Last year we spent all of our time in the hospital. This year we are getting ready for a wonderful Christmas at home – a long time tradition that we missed last year.

Pax!

Brant

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina:

    I remember going up and down stairs at the clinic....it was all I could do to go up and down them, clinging to the hand rail...let alone carry anything on the trip. Kemi was my key motivator...she said that our life was one of going up and down stairs [our house has three levels, and we are up and down stairs all of the time!] She said that I wasn't going home until I could walk and climb stairs. The docs thought she was a "toughy", but she knew what was needed, and so did I, so we did it. I'm SO glad we did. What Grayson is doing on the stairs is a life-work, and well worth every effort!

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete