26 March 2010

Day 131 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

Well, we drove up to Bakersfield late this afternoon, and Grayson went to the theatre. He has gone to more cultural events in the past 2 months than I have in the past 2 years! Since he was out, Regina and I went out to a nice dinner by ourselves in beautiful Bakersfield.

The play he saw was The Diary of Anne Frank. Grayson made the choice to see this dramatic presentation. When I spoke with him this evening before the play, he was excited about seeing it. I asked him if he remembered the story, and he did, but as he started telling me about and he became unintelligible. I inferred that he did remember the story, but that I just couldn't understand him. This may be a result of his changed medications. If he remembers anything about the play, I will pass it along in tomorrow's posting!

Regina and I are looking forward to seeing Grayson in the morning.

Pax!

Brant

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina:

    We all hope you have a great weekend! The dinner together sounded like fun.

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful facility that offers so many experiences for Grayson to participate in. Every day when I read your blog, I am reminded of how much God has blessed your family by making it possible for Grayson to be there. God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Bakersfield??? Hmmm I once spent a week there in early spring and I wouldn't quite call it beautiful. Maybe it has changed in the past 15 years!

    Catherine Balck

    ReplyDelete