29 March 2010

Day 134 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

I spoke with Grayson this evening and he was lying in bed resting. He was in good spirits and glad to hear from me. When I asked him what he had done today, I got the usual answer – "Not much." Unlike a teenager that would just rather not talk, he really doesn't remember what he did earlier. When I asked him what he had for dinner, he said, "I don't remember." That darned short term memory, or lack of it, sure is a problem. After Grayson brought up the subject of an invasion of Canada, we talked awhile, well I talked and he listened, about the American invasion of "Canada" in 1775. After a bit, we concluded our chat and said good night. (For history buffs, the British province of Quebec was referred to as "Canada" in 1775. It was originally the French province of Canada before it was ceded to the British in the 1763 Treaty of Paris.)

Today marks 19 weeks since Grayson's incident. Grayson's body has mostly healed, but his brain has a long way to go. Your prayers for his continued healing are helping all of us to continue on this long road.

Pax!

Brant

2 comments:

  1. Brant, you and your family's courage and faith inspire me. Grayson is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brant and Regina:

    We are back from Panama--tried to stay current with Grayson, but didn't have dependable internet all of the time.

    We are keeping all of you in our prayers...it is a regular effort!

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete