16 May 2011

Day 547 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends,

Grayson was fairly "with it" today. He helped me change his sheets without any reminders as to what his role was. He put dirty clothes in the laundry and picked up things he dropped without much more than a subtle cue. He executed his restroom routine with minor cues.

Later this evening, when I asked him what time it was, he said it was bed time. I pretended that I was stuck and couldn't get up from the couch. I asked him what I needed to do and he told me to put my feet on the ground. I then asked him what the next step was and he motioned with his arms for me to stand up. I asked him what the next step was and he told me to go upstairs. He was relating to me all of the steps I usually have him do when he is stuck - complete with all of the hand gestures I use.

It is so rewarding to see the memory pathways imprinting and to see the slight improvement in his ability to do something with the memory. I am so grateful for the encouragement this kind of day gives me.

May the progress curve continue to rise.

God's grace and peace to each of you this beautiful, cloudy day.

Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment