24 May 2011

Day 555 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

When I finished work today, Grayson was glad to see me. He helped me get the BBQ set up so we could grill one of his favorites – heart-healthy chicken!

While we were getting things ready, I started singing (like THAT is a surprise). Tonight a song from Sound of Music popped into my head and I blurted it out – "Maria". As I sang it, I would stop in the middle of each phrase and Grayson would finish the phrase for me – on pitch! It was so fun. I didn't know that he even knew the words to the song – whirling dervish and all! Grayson always loved musical theater, and it brought perhaps the greatest joy and memories to his life, thanks to the loving community at Flintridge Prep.

Even with all of his challenges, Grayson is still a joy to be around.

Pax!

Brant

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to see how you and Regina unlock pathways into Grayson's mind and heart - always seeking to help him repave the roads that were devastated by his incident. Progress is continual.

    ReplyDelete