22 May 2011

Day 553 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends,

This evening I walked into the family room where Grayson sat sprawled in a chair with his size 13 shoes extending far into the open space. When I approached his chair from the side to walk around him, he pulled his feet in.

This may not seem to be a big deal but it was to me. Grayson is very compromised when it comes to awareness of his body in relationship to others. He appears not to understand that his physical presence has consequences or at least he is not be able to do anything about it. For example, he will stand in a doorway and not move until I explain that he is blocking the path and I cannot get past him.

Tonight he not only recognized that his legs and feet were in the way but immediately and proactively initiated an action to correct it. I didn't even have to stand there and hint.

Another encouraging inch.

God's peace to each of you as we begin another beautiful week.

Regina

1 comment: