06 May 2012

Day 903 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends

Today was a full day!

We started out with church, not particularly unusual for Sunday. Church was followed with a congregational meeting – OK so that was different and kept us until almost 2:00 by the time all was said and done. Lunch and groceries and – oh my – it's 5:00! What happened to Sunday?

The retired pastor of Salem spotted us in church this morning and gave us a video of Oh, Jonah! – the Salem school musical in 1997. Grayson was a 5th grader at the time and played Jonah. We watched the entire video when we returned home and laughed and cried the entire time. All three of our kids and all of their friends participated in this musical. What a hoot to relive this moment – and to see just how much of an entertainer that Grayson was even at that age.

Tomorrow I'm going in to have surgery on my left knee to remove some torn meniscus – and hopefully help keep me good for another 100,000 miles. Let's hope that this outpatient procedure is uneventful and that recovery is as quick as I have been told. With God's help I'll be back on the air in a few days!

Pax!

Brant

1 comment: