25 May 2012

Day 922 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends,

Grayson is still very much in an up cycle. His eyes are brighter, his movements are slightly more purposeful, and he tracks our conversations better.

This evening I was engaging him in our usual style – my starting a sentence and him finishing it. His answers are usually the shortest possible – one word. I frequently ask him to repeat the answer in a complete sentence. At one point Brant was putting a DVD in the player and I asked Grayson what we were waiting for. He pointed to the TV and said "movie". When prompted for a complete sentence he responded with "Waiting for dad to put on a movie". My jaw dropped. An eight word sentence!

When I asked him to tell Brant something, he would walk right over to him and relay it to Brant in multi-word phrases.

Up cycles are good.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends.

Peace,

Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment