24 May 2012

Day 921 – Grayson’s Journey


Dear family and friends
This morning Grayson half scared his mother to death with another overnight nose bleed. When she went in to check on him this morning he was sleeping soundly but there were two pools of blood on his bed. She woke him peacefully, cleaned him up, put clean sheets on the bed and put him back to bed where he slept for 2 more hours. There were no more nosebleeds for the rest of the day and, like yesterday, we hope that tonight will be back to normal.

Grayson had a good day today. He is in one of his alert cycles and has had trouble sitting for more than 3 seconds. However walking was a good thing, and Anishka took him on two long ones. The weather was cooler also making the longer walks more pleasant for both patient and caregiver!

This evening Grayson joined me at church to install a new printer. He was so active I could barely keep him in the room with me! I finally had to close the door to keep him close by. That, along with a favorite comic book, kept him occupied while I finished my tasks.

While “active” is often more difficult to deal with, I’ll take it any day because he is so much more fun!

Pax!

Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment