09 May 2012

Day 906 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

The knee continues to heal nicely. Pain is low and I reduced the crutch use from 2 to 1 and was walking gingerly on flat ground without it sometimes. I made it outside for the first time since coming home from the surgery as Regina took Grayson and me out to dinner. The handicapped parking placard for Grayson also was useful for me today. And what a wonderful evening to be outside! We dined outside as the sun set over the foothills.

I did ease back to work for a few hours more than I planned, but put my leg up on an ottoman in my home office to take my calls. I will try and keep another short day tomorrow in order to maximize my rest and also to start the first of my rehab exercises. They are easy at first, gradually increasing in intensity. Fortunately ski season is a long way off!

Grayson was most affectionate today, and he seemed relieved that I was not using the crutches as much. While he is generally very affectionate, he hugged me several times more than I expected today. He is a loving person and he now has no governor on his affection for those whom he cares for.

Pax!

Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment