08 May 2012

Day 905 – Grayson’s Journey

Dear family and friends

My knee is healing nicely, if low pain is any indicator! Today I spent another mostly low impact day. I slept in until 9:30 (they tell me that resting the knee and keeping it elevated is important the first few days after surgery), spent the morning on the couch working off some administrative backlog using my company laptop, then spent the afternoon catching up on personal email before settling back on the couch for a night of rest and a reduction of backlog on the saved TV shows. After two nights, there is some substantial free space on the DVR. Backlog reduction and resting the knee was the theme of the day!

Grayson looked at me strangely again as I was hobbling along on my crutches. Anishka was sweetly caring for Grayson but offered to help me as I needed it too. They went for their first walk as quickly as they could as the temperatures (or as our favorite weather person calls it – "temp-a-tures") were in the 80s today and will be in the 90s tomorrow. Where is that May-June gloom? Without the "gloom" there is nothing to keep a lid on the Southern California heat!

Tomorrow I'll "ease" back into work for a few hours of teleconferences from my home office – continuing to take it easy and recover for the most part. Perhaps I'll even step outside for a minute!

Pax!

Brant

No comments:

Post a Comment