07 December 2009

Day 21 – Grayson’s Condition

Dear family and friends

Today was a hard day.

Hard on the soul, watching our grown son so helpless. It is also hard on the soles of the feet, standing there keeping him from flopping out of bed or hurting himself. Regina said it beautifully today in her Facebook Wall Post:

"It is hard to see Grayson lying in this hospital bed now day after day. Arms and legs churning for hours. Unable to respond to commands. Such a completely uncertain future. Will he ever walk or speak again? So many questions and no answers. Just wait and see - wait and see. Even though it is hard, I thank God for patience and for the 24 happy years so far. 'I have a plan for you.'"

I couldn't have said it better.

Pax!

Brant and Regina

2 comments:

  1. Reed family,
    I'm very saddened to learn of Grayson's incident. I am a friend of his from USC, and I just found out this evening when I went to his Facebook page to catch up with him, as we haven't spoken in awhile. I would like to send my best wishes, do you have address I can mail a card to? I can provide an alumni email address if you would prefer to send the address to me privately. I know a couple mutual friends who I'm sure would also feel the same.
    Praying for the best,
    -Connor Imes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brant and Regina:

    We just pray and pray, knowing that the well runs deep from which we draw our strength. May we all draw from the well of Living Water, that sustains the soles of our feet and the soul of or being, and may Grayson enjoy wonderful drafts of it as he heals.

    In Him,

    Doug and Kemi

    ReplyDelete