27 December 2009

Day 42 – Grayson’s Condition

Dear family and friends

Today was not so good.

Grayson has contracted an infection in his G-tube site, is running quite a fever and he has become quite congested. He woke up at midnight Sunday morning after 2 hours of sleep, and finally fell back to sleep at 9:00 PM Sunday. He was frustrated and tired all day long, but wouldn't fall asleep. Add the infection, fever and congestion, and he was quite miserable, and made it so for his caregivers and Regina also. I got one of those looks and a hug that said, "Fix it Dad!" when I arrived. He will likely be down for a day or two as he recovers from this setback. One unusual and good result – he is sleeping and it is nighttime! Perhaps this will be the break in his sleep pattern so he can be alert during the day for therapy? One can hope. God does work in mysterious ways!

I was reminded by one of the comments on my last posting that tonight is the annual Flintridge Preparatory School Alumni Gathering. He has not missed one since graduation, until tonight. Lift a glass on his behalf, ye lads and lasses! With help from his caregivers, and guided by the healing hand of God, perhaps next year.

Pax!

Brant and Regina

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the photos. We are rooting for G and praying that his infection and fever will not last long.

    Sorry to hear about your Christmas dinner. Is there any area at the new facility similar to the site outside of the ICU unit at GAMC for family gatherings?

    ~Sending you and Reg lots of love.
    Julie and Howie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difficult day for Grayson AND Regina - I'm glad you could arrive and give a change of pace, Brant.

    Love,
    Robin G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reminded that this is a journey of baby steps and not a sprint. We are grateful for every little positive sign, no matter how small, that a kernel of the old Grayson is still present in Grayson 2.0. Prayers for all of you still coming your way. Cheryl P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brant:

    I remember those infections, and set backs. Getting chills, shaking, getting sent to a main hospital to deal with them; I had several of them when I was in my calamity. It is frustrating--but once they clear up, you are ready again to rock 'n roll. Grayson is in our prayers all of the time; and we raise our glass to the graduates.

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lassie stayed home; she was too sad to go out, but she did have a glass of wine with me and tell me about years past when she went out with Grayson and Christine and had so much fun. She laughed as she told me about thoe happy times. I know they will celebrate all together in the future.
    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete