24 December 2009

Day 38 – Grayson’s Condition

Dear family and friends

Today was a wonderful day!

As I announced earlier, Grayson moved to an acute rehab facility very close to our home and even closer to Regina's office. This is a beautiful brand new facility, with a caring staff and a set of goals that are aligned with ours – to get Grayson to the highest level of functionality that we can in order to maximize his quality of life.

Tonight we spent most of our time getting him settled in – something that takes a while when changing facilities. I'm spending the night to be a resource to the staff as they adjust to our very active, extremely tired young man. Regina is taking a few, well deserved hours off.

The reason that we are here is the progress Grayson made during the last 5 days. Something in him has started to waken, and that is exciting. We anxiously await the wonders that the Lord is revealing to us daily as Grayson starts this new journey.

With each new care facility that we participate with, I keep thinking of this line from My Fair Lady – "All you need is faith, hope, and a little bit of luck." I'll leave you with a clip from Flintridge Preparatory School's 2003 production of My Fair Lady, with Grayson as Alfred P. Doolittle singing, With a Little Bit of Luck. Enjoy this good old bit of fun from Grayson's past!

Pax!

Brant and Regina

7 comments:

  1. From Chris: Hey! This is great news!!! I am so happy and thankful that so much is changing for Grayson on a daily basis. And, that you are able to be closer to home and Regina's work. Watching the clip from My Fair Lady brought back fabulous memories of watching it at Flint Ridge Prep (Kyle and I always said that production was better than the movie itself). What a talented family you have! Thank you for sharing it.
    love, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brant and Regina:

    I'm sitting here with damp love all over my face, again. That video of Grayson and the gang was a highlight of the YEAR! What a hoot! And to know that he is settling into a nice facility is a wonderful blessing. I'm in regular prayer for all of you, and look forward to the gifts God will give you in the days ahead!

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to read about Grayson's improved status each day! What a blessing! I remember seeing this clip on your website a few years ago. It's wonderful! Thanks for including it so we can see it again. You all are so talented! Merry Christmas!

    Cathy Gredell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was eagerly checking this blog daily, but I left home on the 19th to visit family in Massachusetts and I no longer had regular access to a computer. I finally just sat down to catch up on all of the posts (in order- I refused to skip a moment), and I am overwhelmed by the progress he has made this week! Maybe it seems even greater since I read it all in a bundle, but there were so many uplifting events that I am sure you feel this has been a huge week, even experiencing it day by day. I cried and laughed while catching up on these posts. The fact that he SPOKE and said, "Hi," the time when he grabbed your hand to kiss it, his early move to rehab, and closer to home! Oh, I am so joyful to read these posts, even though there are difficult parts to read. It seems like increasingly the positive is outweighing the negative. Merry Christmas!! I am sending my most heartfelt thanks that you update this blog daily and let us live through this recovery process with you. Love to you, Regina, Austin, Lauren, and especially Grayson,

    Christine Moore

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delightful news to learn of Grayson's improvements! What a gift for Christmas! Jana McDonough

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer Schelblach25 December, 2009 01:29

    I am very glad to know that Grayson is getting better especially so near the holidays. May he continue to improve and get well in the coming year. Love to you all and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer Schellbach25 December, 2009 01:30

    Good one, I misspelled my own name. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete