17 December 2009

Day 31 – Grayson’s Condition

Dear family and friends

Today was a busy day.

After a day of dressing changes, physical therapy, final examinations and discharge authorizations, Grayson finished his stay at the hospital at 3:30 today. Regina made the ambulance ride with him to his new long term acute care (LTAC) facility, and this was his first time outside the hospital since November 16th – one month ago today. Unfortunately, he only went from one hospital to another. This new location has perhaps some of the friendliest folks I have ever met, so our expectations are quite high. First appearances are that we made the correct choice in facilities. So far the only downside was that getting there from home at 6:00 PM took an hour. When we left him this evening, he was resting peacefully.

I have a new found respect for my friends in the journalism industry! Another correction or clarification to one of my blog postings – this one from yesterday: My statement "leap out of bed" was a bit misleading. While I tend to talk that way, in reality, Grayson, left alone for a few minutes, will in fact throw his leg over the side rails and pull himself out of bed and fall on the floor. Having just taken my 253rd personality profile, it has once again confirmed that there are perhaps 3 or 4 people on the planet that are more optimistic than I am, and I speak and write that way. I need to remember to bring a reality check back in for you, and point out that Grayson will be extremely fortunate to have the capacity to be able to walk or speak again.

Is it really Day 31 already? Thank you for all of your continued prayers, notes, and other gestures of kindness. We are truly blessed by all of you – you give us strength. May the blessings of God continue to extend the miracle we have already witnessed in the life of Grayson.

Pax!

Brant and Regina

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brant and Regina,
    I am happy that you are pleased with the LTAC facility for Grayson. That gives us all reassurance that he is getting the best care possible. At the end of your entry you said what a blessing we all are, but I feel truly blessed that you are sharing such a private and emotional time in your lives to keep us updated. I like coming home knowing I can read an update on Grayson's condition. The prayers and thoughts of myself and my family are with Grayson and your family.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending all of our love and prayers. Drake has also sent a special note to Santa in hopes he has better connections than the rest of us mere mortals (he still believes - love that so much). Thinking of you often.

    Julie, Todd, Connor, and Drake Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brant,Regina and kids,

    Been following your's and Grayson's trial and my prayer is that Brant's optimism becomes incarnate in Grayson's recovery. Your faith has been an encouragement to me. God bless you with his presence and his comfort.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brant:

    I am so excited for Grayson! Really. This is the next step to the next step...and I know there are many steps, based upon my journey three years ago! And they are all "in the moment"....not gyned up, but unfolded, one at a time. Grayson is in my breathing prayers and I'm pulling for him, and I know the Lord has an important growth process underway.

    In Him,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete